Zaandam Cruise Review to South America

Purser

Poor Customer Service for Problems

Sail Date: February 21, 2016

Prospective customers of Holland America Line should be forewarned that simply because you have paid for the transfer service which is advertised by HAL that takes customers and their bags to/from airports and to/from cruise ships, that they cannot be relied up to provide the services as represented.  In my situation, I paid for this service on their ship Zaandam between Buenos Aires on 2/22/16 and Valparaiso, Chile on 3/6/16.  Notwithstanding full notice to HAL of my air flight arrangements (and the flight being on schedule), no representative met us at the Buenos Aires airport, and we were left to fend for ourselves to get to the cruise ship with our luggage.

At the conclusion of the trip, I discovered that my suitcase, which had been entrusted to HAL as they had directed, was not delivered to the ship terminal in Valparaiso, so I had to return home without knowing what had happened to it.  This negligence by HAL was compounded by an absolute lack of responsiveness to my numerous requests for assistance.  I finally received my suitcase on 3/31/16—25 days after I left Chile.  I then discovered that numerous items had been stolen from my suitcase, and HAL has not been responsive to reimbursing me for this theft, acknowledging some of my inquiries, or even apologizing for their negligence.

Problems both during embarkation and during disembarkation