Zaandam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Excellent Cruise!!

Sail Date: July 28, 2006

This is our 5th cruise and 4th with Holland America. As I anticipated, the service was excellent on board the Zaandam in every area. The food choices were excellent and varied during the course of the cruise. The boarding and disembarkation was handled efficiently and effectively. Best we have ever experienced on any cruise that we have taken. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the ship and attention to detail. Cabin Stewards and Dining Stewards spoke to us by name individually. Laundry was handled excellently and returned daily. Great Service!! I feel we really the cruise that we paid for. I was very pleased. Thanks for a great, relaxing and excellent vacation.

Pros: Service on Ship / Ports in Alaska

Cons: Too little time in Victoria

Sitka, Alaska
4x4 jeep Adventure / Fabulous...had a great time!! Loved the guides and very fun!!
Don't Miss: Tongass National Forest
Juneau, Alaska
Whale watching in Juneau...Great Time...(did not schedule this with cruise line though...scheduled privately)
Ketchikan, Alaska
My girls (20 & 18) did the Zipline Adventure & loved it. The enjoyed the guides and the trip was exciting and fun. My husband & I scheduled a private Float plane trip to the Misty Fjords. Loved it!!
Ketchikan, Alaska
Victoria, British Columbia
Was only in Victoria for the evening and did Butchart Gardens and short city tour. The gardens were beautiful, but I would have liked to have seen them during the day and the city tour was a complete waste of time. Too fast...boring...wouldn't do either of these again. Victoria is too beautiful to waste like this. Must spend more time here!!
Don't Miss: Butchart Gardens during the day