Westerdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Westerdam Review

Sail Date: November 16, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Cabin: GUAR

We had a enjoyable cruise but were disappointed with a few things.  First of all, I don't feel the ship is handicap friendly.  I was not allowed to leave my motorized scooter in the hallway by my room.  I was told that it had to be taken to and stored in the area where the cabin boys work and I could get it whenever I needed it by calling the operator and making arrangements. If I wanted to keep it in my room, it had to be taken apart and taken in by sections...also a bad idea.  We have been on 14 other cruises on different lines and this was never a problem.  Also, when they gave the safety drill at the beginning, other cruise lines pull out the handicap in wheelchairs and scooters before everyone else so they can get on the elevators and get back to their rooms.  On your ship, there were four of us in our group and we waited 12 minutes to get an elevator....it was crowded.  The food on the boat was adequate but noy as good as we had expected.  The men working in the hamburger grill were not friendly and it seemed as though they were  not happy about doing their job.  We found human hairs on the dinner tablecloth on two occasions and had to have the tablecloths changed.  Not a good sign.  But all in all, it was a cruise and we had a good time.

We ate in the Lido often.