Westerdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Westerdam to Alaska

Sail Date: May 25, 2008

Very clean. Easy and quick embarcation and disembarcation.
Food plentiful and good to very good food.
Room and food staff always smiling and helpful (although oddly there was almost always some breakfast mixup). Great fresh orange juice each day.

shows entertaining although production numbers sometimes missed.
Would have liked more activities in days at sea and someties public space was not adequate ( line dancing crammed togetherin library!)

Pros: ship staff were wonderful

Cons: some of ports were commercial overly, pushy selling of jewelry, drinks and art

Recommends Westerdam? Yes!

Very good although generally not gourmet. Sufficient choices and staff willing to make adjustments on request.
Very clean. Sometimes inadequate space for activity--or in sufficient chairs. Also wonder at designing of Crows Nest area with horizontal bar crossing window exactly at eye level--harming view if seated.
Victoria, British Columbia
Suggest that you research and make reservations ahead of time at good restaurant. Wish more time --6 PM to midnight is not ideal.
Sitka, Alaska
Cute town. Did expensive salmon fishing--as far as I could tell, no one caught anything. Also be very careful with independents-"F****" promised 4 hours, then when on ship wanted to give 3 hoursonly, he also forgot telling me that we would go past the otters (and then claimed that he did not know that I wanted to see them even though I reminded him several times) and he had to be reminded that he had taken a $20 pp cash deposit in addition to charging the full amount (I might think it a mistake but after my husband pointed it out and got the $20s back, noticed F**** did not return the deposit taken from the other passengers until they insisted on it)
Ketchikan, Alaska
Did a Float Plane with Island Wings--great. Not just the views but also the staff. Shops at Copper Creek were cute and scenic
Juneau, Alaska
Jewelry store after jewelry store. Not quaint although Red Dog Saloon was fun . Suggest do an activity and, except for Red Dog, miss the town itself