Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

What a vacation!

Sail Date: November 04, 2006

The cruise was great from start to finish. Our room exceeded our expectations. I love cruises because I love not have to doing any cleaning or cooking, or searching for a somewhere to get something to eat. The whole being served instead of serving aspect accounts for at least 60% of the awesomeness (if that's a word) of cruising. Everything is taken care of for me. The itinerary was excellent, but we didn't really have enough time to do everything, so we'll just have to go again!

Pros: The relaxation and sighseeing. Italy was fabulous! The ship was beautiful.

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? Yes!

Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
Very cute village. We went to Eze Village which has a spectacular view overlooking the Meditteranean. The taxi ride there was an adventure in itself (like a rollercoaster). In Nice we went to the Chagall Museum which was very interesting.
Don't Miss: Eze Village Jardin.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Duomo, Ponte Vecchio, and Limoncello. We didn't get to spend as long there as I'd like. We ate at a cute Pizzeria along the Piazza della Signoria and had some delicious pizza.
Marseille (Provence), France
The Notre Dame de La Guarde and Palais Longchamps. We took the bus and subway to both these. They were very nice. But beware of pick pockets. Near the Vieux Port they had street venders with some nice things such as soap, linens, jewelry, etc.
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
Don't Miss: Eze Village Jardin.
Naples, Italy
We went to Pompeii which was really interesting. There was a Cameo factory there worth a visit where they show you how they make them. Sorrento was amazing. There is a woodworking shop there in Piano district I think which was very interesting.. From there we took a jetfoil to Capri which was spectacular.
Don't Miss: Pompeii and Capri with its Andromeda gardens.
Naples, Italy
Don't Miss: Pompeii and Capri with its Andromeda gardens.
Marseille (Provence), France
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Again too short. Coliseum, Roman Forum, and St. Peter's Basilica. Such an interesting city with so much to see. I hope to get back there soon.
Don't Miss: Coliseum, Forum and St. Peter's. All were spectacular.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Don't Miss: Coliseum, Forum and St. Peter's. All were spectacular.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy