European medley

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

7 Night Riviera And Italy (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 28, 2006
Ship: Voyager of the Seas
This was the second time we sailed on the Voyager of the Seas, and I didn't think it was possible to get any better.We had a lovely outside room with a balcony.I much prefer traveling on board ship to staying in Hotels, It was so nice to get on board, put our clothes away and not have to live out of our suitcases or repack every time we were in a new location.We were in France and Italy and enjoyed both very much thanks to the wonderful excursions that were available to us.We enjoyed the wonderful food at Portofino's and the excellent buffet at the Windjammer. The food in the main dinning room was excellent as always. Every one on board was polite, courteous and very friendly even if they wern't assigned to our section. I've never had a more relaxed trip and would never consider traveling the "old way" again.
Thanks for making everything so comfortable for all of us.

We found everyone to be "going above and beyond" except for our waiter in the main dining room. He had an attitude and we stopped going there because of it.

We did the Livorno by boat excursion here. It wasn't what I had expected and wouldn't do it again. We also did the wine tasting and scenic drive through the Tuscan countryside and that was enjoyable.
We enjoyed Nice and Monte Carlo on this excursion
We found the Notre-Dame de la Garde Cathedral and the Longchamp Palace beautiful and well worth getting up early for.
There is so much to see in Rome that one day isn't enough. We toured the city, went through the Vatican and saw all the usual sights. It was absolutely everything I had ever imagined!
Where do I start! We did the Amalfi Coast and Sorrento and it was my daughters Birthday. Everything was so beautiful I wanted to stay for a week.Our guide was excellent also.My daughter said she had never had a more wonderful Birthday.

Pros: The Amalfi Coast was absolutely beautiful. Rome was all I had hoped it would be and more.

Cons: I had booked an extra day so as to see Barcelona,Spain.Our Hotel was so far away from everything, we didn't get to see Barcelona at all

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? Yes!