Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

The Cruise of A Lifetime!

Sail Date: October 28, 2006

Having been on many other cruise ships, and cruise lines, I can truthfully say that this ship has it all....visual appeal, a variety of entertainment and shopping, wonderful service and dining, comfortable accommodations and, just as importantly, exotic ports of call.
Generally, there was very little (if anything!) to find uninviting about the ship overall. From the moment I stepped aboard and was WOWed by the extraordinarily detailed Royal Promenade to the time I entered my graciously appointed stateroom, I felt like I was in a highly rated, big-city hotel! Each day I discovered another beautiful design detail that I had not noticed before, no matter how many times I had been down that same pathway. The ship itself was visually overwhelming, but to complete the week-long experience, she presented so much to see and do that I found myself wishing for another day at sea just to fully appreciate the vastness of offerings found onboard! And the food!!!! Well, Ill simply mention that I own a fashionable catering company and was actually impressed by the quality more and more each evening.
Just as importantly, though, the ports of call are incredible. Fortunately, since it can be difficult to travel in a foreign country (especially if you do not speak the language!), the ship offers a variety of excursions to explore the different ports and tailors them to specific activities, physical abilities (some require strenuous walking and climbing stairs) and desires. Determining what to do and see in port, and how to do it, is often the most challenging aspect of traveling. The excursions make it easy to choose a detailed itinerary and not waste valuable time in the evenings better spent enjoying the ships activities. In short, unless you REALLY know what you are doing, its best to take advantage of the planned excursions so you can actually have fun in the various ports (and not get lost, as I did the first day!).
In summary, I found The Voyager of the Seas to be the most pleasurable ship and cruise that I have ever experienced. In fact, I would boldly state that if someone does not thoroughly enjoy this particular cruise, I truly dont see how he or she could enjoy the pleasures of cruising on ANY ship or cruise line!

Pros: The ship is visually stunning, extremely comfortable and offers a wide variety of activities.

Cons: I almost wish there was another day at sea to take full advantage of the ship's offerings.

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? Yes!