Another great Alaska Voyage

Volendam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Volendam

7 Night Alaska Inside Passage (Vancouver Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 12, 2018

Ship: Volendam

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 3336

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Weather was great the 99.99 % of the time. The Captain took us into the original Inside Passage (Grenville Channel). Most cruise ships don't go this route but stay in the easier to navigate Hecate Strait. Kudos to the Captain! Had a great time, already booked another trip (out of Seattle this time) for next May.

Embarkation

I am rateing as only OK due to the difficulty getting around Canada Place. It's large and it was hard finding where to check our checked bags. Also, I was traveling with my disabled mother (who was in a wheelchair) which added to the difficulty getting around.

Ship experiences

Tried to get an ADA compliant stateroom, but we booked to late for one. Although the cabin was just fine for me, my mom had issues getting in and out of the bathroom and needed my help with the latter. The stateroom was too small to use the scooter that we had rented, so wasted money there. The cabin stewards did their utmost to make us comfortable, they were great!

Ship tip

If you need an ADA room, reserve well in advance.

Ports of call

Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia Did not visit port

Juneau, Alaska

Skagway, Alaska

Ketchikan, Alaska

Disembarkation

Traveler Photos

Cruising Grenville Channel Entering Johns Hopkins Inlet GBNP Margerie Glacier Whale Watching Whale Tail White Pass and Yukon Railway Trip Creek Street Seal in the Creek at Creek Street during Salmon Run Totem Detail at Saxman Village ms Volendam docked in Ketchikan