Volendam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

a fantastic cruise

Sail Date: June 23, 2010

Overall, I have a favorable impression of the ship.

Pros: as promised, the service was impeccable on Holland America

Cons: the ship's decor was a bit out-dated and the only heated pool and hot tub were very centrally located (not super relaxing for a soak)

Recommends Volendam? Yes!

While we had a spectacular view out our bow window, we were woken up (both late at night and in the morning) by the theater, which was apparently directly below our room. It definitely diminshed my overall impression which would have otherwise been excellent.
Ketchikan, Alaska
I loved this city, definitely my favorite of the trip...I only wish we had had more time in port.
Don't Miss: Sea Kayaking (although we went with a private company for a smaller tour group). Yu have to get out on the water and explore the smaller islands.
Juneau, Alaska
The city was very touristy and we didn't really have enough time, if you were doing any excursions, to really explore the more interesting areas.
Don't Miss: the whale watching evening cruise - AMAZING!!
Skagway, Alaska
this town was very authentic and fun to wander around.
Don't Miss: lunch at the Skagway Brew Co.; the rock climbing was SUPER, SUPER fun and a great way to see awesome views and be active