Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

12-26-2015_RCCL_Vision of the Seas Holiday Cruise

Sail Date: December 26, 2015

I was disappointed in my 12-26-2015 RCCL Vision of the Seas Holiday Cruise.  I've cruised 7+ times with RCCL and this cruise was not up to the standards that I experienced on prior cruises or what I expect from RCCL.  The staff appeared to be overextended and undertrained, dinning room and Windjammer ran out of food items, the variety of activities was limited, the children's programs must not have been exciting because children overtook the adult event areas, and communication of cancelled excursions in Costa Maya was inadequate to allow for alternative planning.  All in all the ship was poorly administered and I was disappointed with my on-ship experience.

On a positive note, the shore excursion dives that I did make were amazing!  The dive shop RCCL uses in Cozumel, Sand Dollar Sports, was excellent!  The dive organized by RCCL in Belize was cancelled so I can't comment on the quality of excursion.

There was not enough variety and the children's programs must not have been exciting because children overran the adult activities.
Apparently the children's programs were not exciting because children overran adult events.
Dining staff were working hard but appeared to be overextended and undertrained. Room attendant was very good. Excursion staff was helpful making alternative plans with excursions were cancelled.
Quality of the food was below what I expect from RCCL. Staff appeared to be overextended and undertrained. The dinning room and Windjammer ran out of food items.
Tampa, Florida
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Belize City, Belize
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Didn't get off the ship because of poor communication that my excursion was cancelled. Did not receive notification until was ready to disembark for my excursion time. As a result I was frustrated and my day was stressful when it didn't have to be.
Sand Dollar Sports was amazing for SCUBA diving.