Two weeks on the Viking Star in the Springtime

Viking Star Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

28 Night Spain To Scandinavia (Barcelona To Stockholm)
Sail Date: April 17, 2016
Ship: Viking Star

Viking took very good care of us and we can't wait to take another cruise with them.  They handled an unexpected "glitch" in a very caring manner.  I made some good friends playing Trivia.  The programs presented by Jay Christofferson, and Commander Cheshire were very good and an unexpected treat was the Rabbi explaining Judaism.

PERFECTION! Ayu took very good care of us. Housekeeping went the extra mile for me. I slipped in the shower my first night and they arranged for me to have a rubber shower mat. Thanks ever so much.

Casual clothes are fine--never put on the one dress I took.

Can I offer another tip? Book excursions early.

Gibraltar (U.K.) Did not visit port

We were directed to the wrong excursion. The money was refunded but I missed an experience I had really looked forward to.
Had been here recently but my husband enjoyed the excursion.

Bordeaux, France Did not visit port

An unexpected extra day here and wonderful Viking laid on an excursion to St Emilion--fascinating medieval city. Thanks Viking!

Le Havre (Paris), France Did not visit port

I had been in Paris for New Years, so we went on the excursion to Honfleur--charming medieval town.
Spending an hour or two in London is better than not being there at all. I managed to get my favorite tea, stop at Neal's Yard Dairy, and have tea at Patisserie Valerie.