Wow! So much fun!

Symphony of the Seas Cruise Review

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Symphony of the Seas

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: July 13, 2019

Ship: Symphony of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 11204

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Overall, this was a fun ship. The family had a blast, and we will be back. I never felt like I was on a ship with 6000 people. Royal Caribbean did an amazing job with the ship layout, and various options.

Embarkation

Smooth and fast!

Ship experiences

We purchased the 3 night dining package. We ate at Chops, Jamie’s Italian and Hooked. All dining was great. I just wasn’t too fond of the Lobster Roll at Hooked; however, the Maine lobster was fantastic. I just prefer my Lobster Roll Warm. MDR was good. Service by Renman and Bogdon fantastic. Windjammer not for me, I just dined there one day. Salad station was good, but I didn’t care for some of the offerings. Kids loved it.

Chop's Grille

Had a great meal, and excellent service.

Windjammer Marketplace

Just not for me; however, kids loved it!

Jamie's Italian

This was by far, my favorite meal. Our server Marleus was awesome! Entire family agreed this was their favorite dining venue.

Tons to do, but I didn’t take advantage of all the activities. I don’t think you could ever get bored.

All shows were excellent! Music was appropriate for the destinations etc... Loved watching Karaoke at night.

Cabin was clean, and had a surprisingly large amount of storage.

Ship tip

Experience the shows, and just relax & have fun!

Ports of call

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

We took the “island girl” charter over to St. John’s. Beautiful island, fun crew- zero complaints. Absolutely gorgeous.

Miami, Florida

No excursions. We just flew in, and are flying out. I’ve been to Miami many times. Great place.

Basseterre, St. Kitts

We did a beach break. The driver was fun, but once we got to the island, the hustle was on. I get it, this is how they make money, but I was just there to read a book, and relax. I don’t mind being approached, but repeatedly saying “no, thank you” was mildly irritating.

Disembarkation

Quickest disembarkation ever! No issues at all.