our 7 night Southbound Alaska cruise

Star Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Star Princess

7 Night Voyage Of The Glaciers Southbound (Anchorage To Vancouver)

Sail Date: July 28, 2018

Ship: Star Princess

Cabin Number: B337

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Review Summary

The overall view of Princess was OK. The Land portion was excellent and the tour director - she was the best - Terry. The ship was OK and would not do a 7 day cruise of the coast again.

Embarkation

Ship Experiences

I could not believe that if I wanted a Chocolate Milk at lunch time I had to pay separate for it. It is not included in your drinks with a meal

Crown Grill

Our service was wonderful as was the food. Nice to sit down to a relaxing meal

Sabatini''s

Best meal we had all week. Loved the service and the food.

Not a lot of entertainment that was quite time. Most of the other cruises we have been on there is usually a 3-4 string ensemble to go and listen too. Also some of the show times are rather early but overall the activities were ok

Beauty Salon

I did not know that they did nails until one of the woman I sat with for breakfast was telling me that she was going I went and made an appointment and had Tristan who was simply wonderful and pleasant. She was a hidden gem.

Princess Theater

Seats not the most comfortable and hard to come in level 7 and walk down the stairs to lower level. People all sit on the outsides and never move in for others to get a seat. Also need to tell people to keep their cell phones off during showtimes. Guess they just came to the show to spend it on their phones.

many of the ladies rooms I went into were not the cleanest. Also so many these out of order.

Only problem with the cabins were taking a shower and trying to get in and out with either too hot or too cold water. Hard to have a shower with regulated water temp.

wash your hands all the time. This is the first time we have come with infections from a cruise. Both my husband, myself and my niece all ended up with staff infections.

Ports Of Call

Whittier (Anchorage), Alaska

Skagway, Alaska

Juneau, Alaska

Ketchikan, Alaska

Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia

We did the Hop on Hop off while we were in Vancouver for a wasted day. We never fly out of Vancouver until 11 pm that night. We booked our flights with Princess but if I ever travel again with you - I would book my own air

Disembarkation