Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

thanksgiving holiday gone bad.

Sail Date: November 21, 2015

I can't rate this any better than a 3 because there were too many stressful moments.. We started off the first day soaking wet because they were unloading luggage at the taxi dock and you had to walk a good distance to the terminal. no assistance or even umbrella was even offered.

After that we missed the first port because of weather delays leaving Venice.  After spending two days at sea we were ready to get off he boat in Rhoades. Lovely port just not enough time.  We had hoped since we missed the first stop we could have been at least given the whole day there. Another full day at sea high winds extremely rocky boat (bouncing off the wall rocky).  Then Turkey another lovely day just to short.  Onto Split, another day and night of horrid day and night extremely high winds. We are 4 hours late docking in Split because of the wind. they did extend the time some but  it really messed up the tours for the day.  Ours went off but was cut short and really was not worth the cost. To make things worse my husband became ill and spent the last 3 days in bed sick.

Can't really rate because of the wind situation. 2 nights I thought our sliding doors would blow out. Our stewart was friendly and kind and understanding especially after my husband became ill and spent the remainder of the trip in bed. I don't think I would rate it as a Superior Stateroom. It was almost identical to the room we had on RC before and it wasn't considered Superior.
first day was pouring rain and luggage check in out then long walk to check in desk Both myself and my husband were soaked to the bone.
kept clean at all times someone always walking around picking up or cleaning
1 port missed entirely a second one four hours late in docking and worth the money
disappointed in nighttime acts. Several of those were canceled or rearranged due to wind.
end of the year left over and stale often canceled or rearranged due to weather.
wait staff in main dining room excellent Inga and Annelisa (table 82) 8.30 seating.
food in main dinning room excellent. Windjammer had a good selection and tasty. would like to have tried the specialty residents had my husband not become ill.
Venice, Italy
Dubrovnik, Croatia cancelled
Rhodes, Greece
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey would like to have spent more time in the city and less time in the carpet mill. they also say they are not pushy and will except NO but that is not case. They keep pushing,.
Split, Croatia
disappointed late docking which shortened the tour and left only 30 minutes for shopping. the guide did allow several people to get off in town instead of returning to dock but by then I was to frozen to make that walk back.

the Wait staff at King and I was excellent and attentive.
the two days at sea I enjoyed the spa for massage and facial. I also had a pedicure not as pleased with. greatly overpriced.