Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Great Itineray, Marvelous Staff

Sail Date: June 27, 2015

The Itinerary was near perfect. The locations visited were quite picturesque, especially Mekonos. If Santorini was also on the itinerary it would have been perfect. We booked excursions mostly on our own, so that we could limit the group size. This way, we saw the islands in a more private way, rather than with a bus load of people.  The rooms were a little small, but extremely clean. The housekeeping staff was wonderful. I was impressed with ship sanitation. They had hand sanitizing stations everywhere on the ship, and as you entered a public space staff suggested that you sanitize your hands. The main dining room  food and staff were marvelous. They took care of myself and family very well, quickly learning our names and knew what each of us wanted to drink upon arrival in the dining room.  I was a little disappointed in the main Windjammer buffet. Food was too often repeated and the scrambled eggs were dreadful. But, you could easily ask the omelet  chef to scramble eggs and they were perfect. Also, I thought it closed too early, 9:30pm. It should have stayed open until midnight.  We got the deluxe  drink package and was very pleased.   Drinks and Wine for example cost $9 to $14.  So,  If you had one or two drinks in the afternoon around the pool and two more at dinner and two later in the evening the package quickly paid for itself. Overall, I highly recommend Royal Caribbean.

Cabin / Stateroom A little small, but very clean.

1 Comment