Great experience

Sky Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Sky Princess

7 Night Western Caribbean (Fort Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 18, 2020

Ship: Sky Princess

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: R530

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This was our first cruise. We were pleased with the experience.

Embarkation

Quick and easy, even for first time cruisers who had no idea what to do

Ship experiences

The MDR was very good. The Crown Grille was our favorite. The beef Tartare appetizer was probably the best thing I ate the entire cruise, but the creme brulee cheesecake at the Crown Grille was a close second. It literally left me speechless. We ate at Sabatinis also. It was really good, especially the mushroom fondue "soup". But we preferred Crown Grille. We ate lunch at the buffet on embarkation day, but after that it was for breakfast cereal only. We chose the Salty Dog Grill or Alfredo's Pizzeria over the buffet.

Alfredo's Pizzeria

So happy that Alfredo's is not an upcharge restaurant. It is a great option from the MDR or buffet. Yes the pizzas are wonderful, but I enjoyed the veal agnolotti even more.

The Salty Dog Grill

Great place to grab a burger and fries, however, the taste was mediocre.

Swirls

Hubby had to have his soft serve at least once a day. Ricardo from Swirls was a highlight of our trip.

The Shops of Princess

I was surprised that I actually found several clothing items at good prices.

Rock Opera was so enjoyable. The talent is amazing, especially Brian Justin Crum.

Movies Under the Stars

This was our favorite thing to do in the evenings. Loved having the blankets available and we could grab a burger or pizza to eat while watching.

No children

We actually didn't mind the interior cabin at all. There was plenty of room in the closet for all of our belongings. The bed was super comfy.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

We arrived 2 days early and did the Everglades Safari full day tour. I booked it independently. We were picked up at our hotel at 7:30am and taken to and through the Everglades all the way to the Gulf Coast. A delicious lunch was included. And then we were returned to our hotel around 5:30 pm. It was an amazing day. I highly recommend it.

George Town, Grand Cayman

The Atlantis submarine excursion was great. The Trolley Roger tour was ho hum. I was expecting to see a larger area on the tour.

Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras Did not visit port

It rained the entire day.

Belize City, Belize

We did the Altun Ha Mayan ruins tour with a city drive and river cruise. This tour was awesome. Highly recommend.

We did the drive coupe excursion through Princess. It was so much fun.

Disembarkation

Traveler Photos

Ricardo from Swirls Beef Tartare with quail egg and polenta sticks Creme brulee cheesecake Atlantis submarine Deuce Coupe excursion