Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Worth the money.

Sail Date: October 02, 2016

Reviewed: 9 days ago

I thought our trip on RC Serenade of the Seas was worth the money.  However, had I upgraded to a higher cabin class, I would have been disappointed.  We loved the food and the restaurant choices, the dining room crew was far above expectations, the ports in New England and Canada were beautiful, and the boarding and exiting the ship were very well organized.  However, the ship is showing lots of wear and tear-carpets are worn, peeling paint in bathroom, couch soiled and worn.  The computers and wifi were a complete waste of money. The computers are old and extremely slow.  I paid for the wifi, and I could barely get online, either on my phone or on their computers.  It took the Customer Service Director three tries before he could log my in, using his passcode! The satellite television was also very disappointing--much of the week, we only got a few stations.  It would go out for hour at a time, even when in port.  Overall, we got our money's worth, but we heard the ship is going in to dry dock next year--I hope they will do a complete overhaul, because the ship needs it.  RC did a good job with everything else.

Soiled carpet and couch. Paint peeling in bathroom. Windows very dirty, so it was hard to see anything out of the large window.

1 Comment