Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Top Notch Food and Entertainment

Sail Date: July 17, 2016

This was our first Royal Caribbean cruise and we loved it!  The ship was clean and the food was absolutely amazing!  From the buffet to the main dining room to paid specialty restaurants.  Our cruise director, Topi from Finland was amazing.  What a crazy cat.  There was such great entertainment aboard the ship, that I didn't even get to gamble in the casino.

The only thing I didn't like was the smoking that came out of the casino while I was watching a show in Centrum.

We had an issue with our stateroom but it truly had to do with the booking through BJ's Wholesale Club rather than Royal Caribbean.  I booked a room for 3 with a sofa couch and received a room with a pullman.  I do feel that Royal Caribbean could have done something so my 76 year old mother didn't have to climb up the pullman but they didn't.  That annoyed me some, but hopefully BJ's will make good on this.

Great cruise ports, great food, great entertainment, and amazing entertainment staff.  We had the time of our lives on it.  We loved it so much that I booked another cruise on Royal for next year!

I highly recommend this line and ship to everyone!

The cabin was great with the exception that I booked a room for 3 people and stressed that I needed a sofa bed. We arrived in the room and it was a pullman. My 76 year old mother had to climb up the steep ladder and almost fell one time because she went off the step during the night trying to get down to go to the bathroom. We immediately told the Steward about it and asked if a couch could be brought in or an ottoman to make the chair into a bed. She said she had to speak with her supervisor and told us nothing could be done. My sister and I are obese and there was no mention of a weight limit on the pullman. My sister is also disabled and I have arthritis in my knees which makes climbing difficult especially getting down. Best candidate for it was my mother and it was difficult especially since she had a fracture to her ankle a few years ago and doesn't walk right ever since.
I felt RC could have arranged something to make this easier on us. It was a major risk of health to her. Just glad the people above were looking over her and nothing happened.