Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

great trip but...

Sail Date: June 06, 2015

I loved the trip, the ports were great, the ship excursions were led by great guides but the shortfalls are the following;

1-limited facilities to eat and especially likmited seating in the windjammer(buffet).  the dining room called reflections had limited hours and the small park café had little to choose from

.2-the entertainment was notably lacking in the main venue, the male leads were atrocious, and some of the shoes show a steady stream of people leaving. the entertainment in the centrum was vastly superior, especially the little 4 person ensemble.

3-staff was generally friendly and courteous, but there were some people particularly in the windjammer who looked like they were doing you a favor by clearing a table.

4- I would recommend most of the ports, but would not recommend the ship, and based on this experience I would not recommend royal carribbean.

I have sailed on 3 other cruise lines, and at this point I would go back to celebrity, they are a notch above.

reeflections dining room was fine and the servers were great. the specialty restaurant izumi was particularly good, choops the steak house was mediocre
my cabin steward nuvim was wonderful as were my servers in the reflections restaurant. i also met a young woman named maria who did everything from cleaning the deck, folding towels etc. who was very courteous and efficient.
the entertainment in the centrum was excellent but the main shows for the most part were poor
Destinations and Excursions excursions which my wife and i took were first rate with great guides.
Copenhagen, Denmark
arrive a couple of days early, take your own excursions, i.e. the boat ride and get a centally located hotel and you can walk to most things.
Alesund, Norway
take a walking tour locally
Cruise Arctic Circle