Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Serenade of the Seas Cruise was Out of This World Great

Sail Date: March 21, 2015

My husband and I celebrated our granddaughter's 12th grade graduation (senior this year) with a cruise to the Bahamas.  My 18 and 20 year old granddaughters and their parents and grandparents (I'm Nana) loved the fine dining.  I felt like the splendor of the Titanic in the dining room...only with a happy ending.  The food and service were wonderful.  Our waiters made recommendations on what to order and even helped my granddaughter cut up her duck when he saw her struggling with cutting it up.  We saw a lot of "live entertainment", movies, swimming and GranGran & Nana played ping pong a lot (good for memory & balance).  "Gus" kept our stateroom in good order; all staff were efficient and courteius.  I wanted to sign up for another cruise, just didn't know when we had some days available.  I WANT ANOTHER CRUISE!!!!!

Everything was beautiful and in great working order.
Beyond compare. The best food and waiters or servers.
Our servers, Alberto and Videsh, were out of this world geat. Gust kept our stateroom in great order.
Great and with a lot of variety: comedy, singers and a magician. I got to see the movie Ironman 3.
Children's Programs Write a comment.
The cruise director had us in stitches we were laughing so hard at questions asked of fellow passengers and their responses....ie. the sexiest man and he was judged by 3 women.
Loved Key West and seeing Hemmingway's home and President Truman's favorite vacation spot. Enjoyed Nassau...we should have paid for a tour...it was hot. Very disappointed with CoCoCay...long hot walk and vendors had taken over the best benches in the shade & the benches were for us/cruisers. There should be more fans and shade for cruisers. We left as fast as we could. It is too hot for older and/or heavy people.
Spacious closets to put big luggage into and carry ons fit under the bed. Loved all the mirrors and storage space. The lighting was bright and able to put my makeup on in bedroom at well lit mirrors while my husband showered, etc.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Get there early. The designated parking lot was full and the lady did not tell us where to park. It was a nightmare and the worst experience/part of this cruise. We found our daughter driving also looking for a parking lot and even the second one they were sent to was full, so we finally went to the third parking lot and had to got up about 9 flights up. I feared the ship would leave without us.I was so flusterd, I didn't tip the men that got our luggage. I would recommend a sign for tips.
Key West, Florida
Be sure and take a tour. We rode the Conch (Konk) Train. See Hemmingways Home and President Truman's favorite vacation spot.
We should have taken a tour. We walked and it was very hot and limited how much we could see. We did get to see the Atlantis Hotel, Queen's Gate and the fort near Queen's Gate.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
There should be more benches/seating and fans for the cruisers at the gazebos.

I can't say enought about the fine dining. Loved cloth napkins and tablecloths, the beautifully set tables, the atmosphere was regal and elegant. My 18 and 20 year old granddaughters really loved it too and that was their choice of places to eat....Reflections. Now Windjammer (more casual) was gr