Horrible service

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 17, 2015
Ship: Serenade of the Seas

thThe staff on this cruise was dismal. They all seemed to hate their jobs and I one took accountability for anything. The simplest request was met with "that's not my job, go find someone else". Overall staff members were rude made this cruise a nightmare!

The food was below average. Not much variety in the windjammer and the dining room food was sometimes cold or overcooked. I experience much better food on my last Carnival cruise.

The port of Falmouth, Jamaica was not that great. They had a shopping area and outside of that people were very pushy and kept trying to grab me and take me into their shops. They kept trying to sell us drugs and it was very unkempt. I did love Grand Cayman but would highly suggest going on one of the many other boats that go there.

The kiddie pool was a joke. The water slide is only open a few hours a day and the "attendant" does nothing. There was a mushroom growing out of the pool and she didn't care at all.

To top it all off the power went out in the front section of the ship on our second to last day aboard and stayed that way until we got off. No apologies from Royal Caribbean despite having no lights, no power and no air in our cabin.

I will stay far away from Royal Caribbean.

Not much variety.

Boring. Not much variety

One word: boring. I have been on ships with much better shows and more variety. Most of the time the only thing happening on the ship was $23 per card bingo.

The staff was rude and made no efforts to help for simple questions.

Most public areas were clean but the kiddie pool was in disrepair

Mold in the bathroom. Dirty mattresses.
The port was confusing. Took us a while to figure out where to go
Outside the gate it was dirty and the vendors were aggressive!
Love this port. Beautiful beaches, wonderful people, lovely shops!
If you are buying trinkets, buy them here. They are super cheap