Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Had a great time

Sail Date: September 18, 2011

The ship is kept very clean but looks a bit old. The activities could be a little more diverse. The food was great but the Windjammer was not open as often as other buffets on other ships. There was a late night charge for room service which I have never had before. All in all the food was very good and the service was friendly and professional.

Pros: the freedom to do anything at anytime

Cons: not having the luxury of ironing my own clothing. had to pay and wait til next evening. wish I had known prior

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? Yes!

This was the smallest room I have ever been in but was kept very clean. Bathroom had a bit of a bad smell but could be where we were located on the ship since we would have that same smell in the same part of the hallway a little way down from our cabin
The specialty restaurant was excellent and incredibly acommodating
Oranjestad, Aruba
This is one of the most beautiful Islands. I woulkd return for an extended stay.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Have to pay good attention with the cab drivers. Personnel at curbside told us that the cab was $20 but the cab driver insisted it was $27 after we were half way to our destination.
Curacao
Surprisingly the people are a bit nasty and rude. The Island is very pretty but not much to see on a tour excursion. Most touring excursions were considered very boring. Several people expressed that same view
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas