Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A nice trip

Sail Date: August 01, 2010

Disorganized when checking in. No staff to welcome us, so they can guide where to find our cabins. I have to correct charges regarding gratuities. Gratuities should only be given if services were met, and customers are satisfied.
RCTV hard to read charges on screen. If credits were applied. Explorations staff on Sunday morning, does not know, how to prioritize customers to help. He is helping people who were supposed to be in line for guest services. Very disorganized.

Pros: Staff in the cruise ships

Cons: Odor smell in the bathrooms, hallways are dusty

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? Yes!

Bathroom cabins, have an odor smell. What a turned off? Need more bartender on a deck area during the gathering on the decks. Everyone on the counter felt frustrated on how the services were done.
Bad odor smell in the hallway and inside bathroom cabin.
Some staff are friendly and some are don't. I see the one head waiter, reserving the tables when I got there. Place were busy, but didn't bother offering the tables. It does not feel welcome and not good to see early in the morning doing to us tourist.
My teenagers got bored on the cruise ships. He said, there's no one interested to participate. Activities were ok. They didn't have interest, to check it out next night.
Ambiance are great, well decorated on windjammer cafe, black lady greeter, were always happy. Nice to see warm smile, and seeing a happy welcome.
Some waiters from windjammer cafe are waiting to be called to empty used tables. There's no head waiter around, watching them,
when it is not busy. Experienced it during at lunch, while others were out on excursions. They were just chatting next to the kitchen. Got tired of food after 4 days of cruise for breakfast. No variety.

My family enjoyed, formal dining, and nightly dining experience. Our waiters were great. Good company and they treated very specials. Our request for a special dish to be made, were successful. Good services.

Photographer took poor quality pictures on our formal dining. Pictures of my kids were out of focus. Photographer took our pics before the formal dining, didn't help us on how to pose properly. Some pics are bad quality. When I saw some pics were bad, I didn't bother paying for
Shows were ok. Broadway shows very boring, very common. I only enjoyed the unexpected brothers shows.
Roseau, Dominica
Tours were great. Van has no air condition, very hot inside. Places she took us were good. Enjoyed the fruit stand, jacko falls, and rainforest.
Don't Miss: Don't miss - Jacko Falls, the best sites.
The tour escorts were not on the drop off locations to greet tourists, so we know, where the"seaworld explorer". They were sitting on the boat when we got there. I have to ask the taxi driver to take us to the boat. We didn't go very far to enjoy to see more fishes or corals. The best part is seeing fish, being fed.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Tours were great. Best sites are the Garden, and overlooking, Magen's bay. Seeing the virgins islands from the distance. I wish have time to snorkel at Magen's bay.
Don't Miss: Don't miss - Megan's bay - snorkeling sites
Oranjestad, Aruba
Locals were mean. Tourist does not seem welcome. My son got scare on the locals asking for money for renting the beach chairs. De Palm beach were good to hang out, but locals are chasing tourist for paying the beach chair, it is not even there's. It is own by the hotels. Aruba is very attractive beach. My family enjoyed the submarine excursions. Best sites.