Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Great Vacation

Sail Date: May 23, 2010

This was my second cruise and I was very concerned with getting motion sick. I took Bonine which helped greatly but made me tired most of the trip. Ship is large with many places to eat, drink and just hang out. Staff is extremely friendly, always remembering your name, and very helpful. We chose to plan our own excursions which worked out well. In Barbados we spend $25 pp+ for a tour around the island, and a 2 hour stop at a beach. In St. Lucia we spent around $33pp for a tour as well as going to the volcano. The driver was not talkative and drove like a mad man. I might suggest going through the ship for that island. In Antigua we took a cab (14 round trip) to Jolly beach and had a great time. St. Martin we also took a cap to Orient beach for 12 round trip.
Food is great on the ship, and there are alot of things to do is you can be as busy as you want. Internet is EXTREMELY slow so I wouldn't plan on writing alot to your friends. All in all I thought it was a great value and would go on a cruise again.

Pros: Food, accomodations, friendly staff

Cons: Constantly on the go, little relaxation, being nickled and dimed for everything

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? Yes!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Beautiful island with crystal clear water and white/pink beaches. We did not shop and only ate at one restaurant. Loved it
St. John's, Antigua
Loved it! Probably everyone's favorite. Beach was clean, and uncrowded. Shelling was really good as well.
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
Get on a tour ASAP. There is NOTHING in Frederiksted! Christensen is where you want to go, or take the Buck Island tour which is great!
Castries, St. Lucia
You definately want to hire a driver or go on an excursion. Our driver was not helpful although the tour around the island was beautiful. We stopped several times on the way to the volcano, but none on the way back. I had to ask to stop because I was getting sick. the guy drove like a madman. We did not eat on this trip either which was quite disappointing. The island is beautiful and is a must see
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Went to Orient Beach which was interesting. Very crowded beach, but this allowed everyone a variety of places to eat and drink. Island was similar to Antigua/St. Croix