Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

A great initiation to cruising!

Sail Date: September 08, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was my first experience on a cruise. My husband stayed at home so it was just myself and my 4 year old son. I was impressed by the fact that we both had a great time. There were times he went to the kids club and I had some time to do what I wanted and there were times we spent together and had a great time. We had an inside stateroom which was very clean and well laid out with plenty of space to unpack and feel at home. All through the cruise I felt very pampered by the attentive staff, especially the stateroom attendant and the dining room staff. The food was good in the dining room and also at windjammers. With a 4 year old I didn't sample much of the night-life although I could have had I wanted to since the kids club was open until 10 every night and then you could pay $5/hr from 10-1am. The ports were Icy Point Strait, Skagway and Juneau. I especially like Skagway and Juneau. I did not do a lot of shore excursions since I thought they were quite expensive.

Pros: The warm, welcoming attitude of the staff

Cons: The shore excursions seemed overpriced

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? Yes!