Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Fantastic cruise

Sail Date: February 21, 2009

Room Type: Suite

we were surprised by the elegance of this ship(Serenade of the Seas). To be able to accomodate so many people and at the same time preserve elegance, harmony,richness and a touch of uniqueness is a monumental achievement.

Pros: the ship was beyond our expectations

Cons: music around the pool

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? Yes!

if there is room for improvement it has to be on the entertainment side. We have seen better. They were trying their best but we were not impress.I think the best was in the dinning room music and the final night one of the waiter sing (almost oprera) a farwell song in Italian which was quite impressive for an amateur.
We have been on several cruise lines including the old QE2 on a culanary crossing,and the food on The Seranade surpassed anyone of them. Our compliment to the chefS. Portofino was excellent and the service over the top. As it was my birthday, our waiter and head waiter treated us royally.
in fairness it was our first time in a junior suite( we usually book a balcony only). Tons of space and extremely comfortable. We usually book midship but this time we had to book at the back of the ship. We were concerned about this location but it worked out quite good as it was quieter.
I don't know what or who motivates this crew but we have never experienced such friendly, polite and above all service with a smile at all time.
size absolutely perfect.I have been on bigger ship (too many lines up ).No waiting anywhere.Layout perfect.Had I been a kid I would have ridden the elevators all day long as the view was spectacular (sea and inside).Pristine clean (quite refreshing having known other ships). The decor never ceased to amaze me. The curtains in the theater are spectacular. The public bathroom decorated as a 5 stars hotel.Very user friendly, directions everywhere, well indicated.the atrium one of a kind.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
love this island it's beaches are great and still can shop.There was music on the beach, just so pretty and inviting.
St. John's, Antigua
as iI mentionned before, we have travelled to Antigua by ship many times, I just find this year it was run down quite a bit. We tried to find our favorite spot with local artists and we realized they have gone . The place had changed into a parking lot. Quite disappointing
Don't Miss: I don't know anymore
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
we were quite disappointed having been there numerous time before I was looking forward to SHOPPING .Unfortunately lots of shops were closed. Could it be it was Sunday and we were the only ship in town not their worth to open up?
Don't Miss: usually shopping
Bridgetown, Barbados
We have been to Barbados often. The city is run down. I am there next week we will try the beaches which are usually quite good.
Castries, St. Lucia
Did not like the city at all. We hire a taxi driver to show us around very ordinary. We came back to the ship quite fast.