Serenade of the Seas-Southern Caribbean

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 29, 2008
Ship: Serenade of the Seas
The ship itself was nice-very clean. Room stewards are very attentive and super friendly. The atrium was beautiful, as well as the main dining room. I had a room with a balcony that was great. The room was a good size and very comfortable for 2 people.

Found that the cruise director was not present or as approachable as those of other cruiselines I've been on. In addition, this cruise surprisingly had 600 members of a gay organization. I have no issues with gay couples. However, their over-the-top groping and monopolizing pool area/activities made me uncomfortable and I found the behavior inappropriate around families with children. I saw no straight couples acting this inappropriately. We felt unwelcome in the hot tubs and nightclub. When complaining to guest relations they were rude with their responses and claimed, "they didn't know about it." Yet a private poolside party was organized for this group. Were there any straight private parties? I'd love to see the discrimination issues come up then.

poor island, but very very pretty. Take an island tour and see banana plantation or do a zipline in the rainforest.
Great beaches-Blue Monkey is the one I went too. Fun to snorkel here and swim out to see the sea turtles. Beware of vendors on the beaches though....people hounding you to buy and rent things repeatedly.
Don't Miss: sea turtles
beautiful water
Don't Miss: snorkeling
beautiful beaches
Don't Miss: Magen's Bay
ugly island in my opinion, but only based on what I saw. I hear that the French side is nicer.
Don't Miss: Maho Beach-planes land over you

Pros: itinerary

Cons: 600 member gay group-never informed

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? Yes!