Sapphire Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Second Mate

A Family Reunion Like No Other!

Sail Date: February 22, 2014

My wife and I live in Colorado, my sister and her husband live in Tennesse and my brother and his wife live in California. My elderly mother wanted to get all her kids together in one place at one time for a family reunion. It was suggested that we could all go on a cruise. At first I had a number of concerns, but once we all boarded the ship and were settled in, it didn't take long for me to realize what a great experience this would be for the entire family. We spent more quality time together eating, visiting, and going on excursions together in one week than we had done since we were kids, and we didn't have to cook, clean, or do any driving! We now have current professionally photographed family pictures and memories that will last our lifetimes. Our cabin steward, named "Wilson" and our dinner waiter "Marc Mora" made our cruise absolutely wonderful with their top-quality service and professionalism by taking care of our needs in every way. The ship's general staff treated us to smiles and all around exceptional service. The Sapphire Princess was literally a floating resort hotel with many enjoyable activities. We especially enjoyed participating in Chris Rickets' ukulele classes that concluded with over 30 passengers performing a fun concert in the Piazza for the entire boat - it was a smashing success! Kudos to Chris Rickets for undertaking these classes on this short Mexican cruise. We received many compliments by the passengers on how fun the ukulele concert was for them as well. Also, the best entertainment on the ship in our opinion was the mariachi band, Los Brillantes, that resulted in great dancing in the Piazza. Their standing-room-only performances were due to their classical Mexican rhythms and interaction with the crowds. The only downside to this cruise was the limited amount of time we had available at each port. Overall a very enjoyable cruise experience.

Cruise Photos

Children's Programs unknown - did not travel with children
time in each port should be longer
San Pedro (Los Angeles), California
Egress to/from parking lot could be improved.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Find Gerardo the tour guide - he's awesome!
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
This port is unable or very difficult to visit by handicapped (wheelchair) persons
Ensenada, Mexico Can't really comment because the weather was so bad we went no further than the shops at the dock.