Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Tracy Arm was on itinerary but we only saw Endicott Arm with Dawes Glacier

Sail Date: July 31, 2016

The shows onboard were all good especially Once Upon a Dream and Magic to Do.

I purchased passage for 8 people to see Tracy's Arm. We were all very disappointed to only see Dawes Glacier as the ship went in  circles for a good while so we could see what looked like tire tracks on the glacier. We were told that they aborted viewing Tracy's Arm due to an ice backup. Glacier Bay looks way better than Endicott arm. I heard from several crew members that the ship had not gone to Tracy's Arm for over 3 weeks. I feel that we should have been notified in advance.

Our oceanview cabin was OK. We only saw our room stewart twice. He did not speak. Our balcony cabin was supposed to accomodate 4. They only put towels for 3 persons. It took several hours for management to figure out how to rearrange the furniture to have a folding cot that did not totally obstruct the balcony. It took 2 days before we received towels for 4. The pull down bed was extremely uncomfortable. It was better with a  comforter to lay on. It was difficult for the one passenger that used a walker to get to the bathroom. The walker had to be folded to get through the cabin  door. When I booked with Costco I advised them that the balcony cabin was for a disabled person and 3 others. Princess said that if I had booked directly with them this would not have happened.

Now for the dining experience, the kitchen staff did not serve what was on the menu. They improvised. Bernaise sauce was a brown sauce unless you complained. After about 15 minutes and 2 servings of brown sauce we finally received the Bernaise sauce. Peppercorn sauce was brown sauce with peppercorns. When 2 of us ordered well done, we received medium rare. At the same meal one person requested rare and received well done. The ice cream flavors served did not match what was requested.

When we requested  chicken Adobo and rice, it was quite good.

The freshly made waffles on the buffet in the morning were always good.

The food and service in the Crown Grill was excellent. What I did not like was that I could smell bleach from where we sat at a table for 8 in the back of the restaurant. A few of us had complimentary specialty dining where they waived the $29 per person fee which they charge everyone including all children under ten years old. Originally we tried to reserve a table for 16. I managed to get a table for 8. After we were just starting to be served 4 of our 8 other friends were seated at the table for 8 directly behind us. We were celebrating an 80th birthday and a 10th birthday.

Now for the excursions. The Whale Watching in Juneau was excellent. I saw whales feeding while on a catamaran that held about 120 people. The tours booked as if there were only 20 people to a group.

Three of us took the Butchard Gardens with Fireworks. we were on the 3rd bus. We waited for 3 employees to board our bus. As soon as we reached the first red traffic light our bus stalled. At every light after that it stalled as well. Our driver said the bus was fine all day. He called and let administration know that he needed a different bus. We finally made it to the gardens at least 45 minutes after we should have arrived at dusk. It would have been nice to see the gardens in daylight. We saw them with artificial lighting.

Rock School at Sea was offered. One grandchild wanted to sign up. Her dad filled out the form and there was no mention of a $125 fee. Once onboard she decided not to participate after going to a meet and greet due to family activities.

I plan on contesting the fee with customer services.

This cabin was booked for 4 persons and serviced for 3. The rollaway bed was in the way all the time. The steward expected the passengers to manage it for themselves. This room accomodates 3 persons not 4. It was not handicap accessible.
See my note above about bus transportation problem.
One teen was happy and the 10 year old liked the children's programs.
Not as good as before.
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
We did not get to see it due to ice blockage.
Victoria, British Columbia
It would be better to visit Butchart Gardens in the daylight.