Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to South America

Less than one star

Sail Date: March 13, 2016

where to start?  I must give credit though to the musicians, stewards, waiters, entertainers who worked long hours and in general did a good job. RC has no customer service and is not geared towards service.  The internet usually did not work in the cabin (mine was on deck 8 with a balcony). I had to go to the center of the ship. RC gave me 50% discount for three days and charged me full price for the remaining two weeks. Second night on board, I discovered blood on my sheet as I turned the covers! No stewards around at that hour.  So a crew member who managed to get fresh sheets and I changed the sheets together.  He hadn't done this before. Any apologies from RC? No! I will not mention cancellations of excursions.  Most grievous lack in service was the luggage. Cruise ended in Chile. We docked and were bussed to the terminal nearby.  About a dozen of us could not find our suitcases. We filed reports with an RC representative. I asked the rep to call the ship and report the missing luggage. He did not.  A very, very, long frustrating story short, I got my suitcase one month and two days later. Any apologies? No! Any compensation? No! Curtious service from the lost luggage department? No!  These are some of the reasons for the "no star" rating from me.

Modestly decorated. Relatively clean. No caraf of water, unlike all other cruises I've done.

Go an a different cruise line.

1 Comment