A cruise to remember

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 07, 2007
Ship: Rhapsody of the Seas
This is our 8th RCCL cruise. The cleanliness and respect to passengers is clearly lacking. The food remains excellent in both the dining room and Windjammer. The "headliner" entertainment was excellent. The ships entertainers were quite lame and boring. We have noticed the lack of many little niceties. The cruise staff was not always available. The activities at poolside were lacking such as things like limbo contests, horseraces, dance contests. You could always find ice cream late in the evening. Now the only ice cream in the evening is the Ben & Jerrys at about $5.00 per cone or bowl. They did not offer the many activities that qualified for ship shape dollars such as aerobics, aqua aerobics, dance lessons, etc. Instead they offered pilates, spinning and yoga FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE. What is theis with all the added expenses all of a sudden. It used to be that everything except drinks were included in your cruise price. Now they charge for the extras. We really noted the lack of care by our room steward. He was hardly ever around. We were missing the hair dryer from our cabin. Even though I mentioned this to him, I shared the hair dryer with my niece across the hall. One evening my husband and I had to share a bath towel even after I had called for a second one and it never came.
As Platinum members, we did not receive as many onboard activities as in the past. For instance, we only had one bath robe to share. We did not receive the little discount booklet, nor were there as many "parties" for Platinum members.
Dirty and poor. Only thing worth doing is the Dunnes River Falls. I can say this since I have been there now about 4 times. It is not a highlight in the itinerary. Be prepared to spend another $20-30 on tips for your shore excursion drivers, guides, etc. Reference is made to tipping them the entire time they are with you.
fun port. The people are very friendly and the prices are very reasonable. The Fury catamarran snorkel and beach is fun. The water there is spectacular.
Don't Miss: Carlos and Charlies
Don't Miss: Carlos and Charlies
swimming with the stingrays is a lot of fun. the seven mile beach is a beautiful area to just relax. This is not the place to shop for routine souvenirs ie: t-shirts, etc. They are much more expensive here than other ports.
Don't Miss: stingrays
Don't Miss: stingrays

Pros: the food and entertainment

Cons: ship is dirty ie: pool deck, deck chairs, hallways

Recommends Rhapsody of the Seas? No.