Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Horrible Cruise

Sail Date: January 07, 2007

The ship is looking pretty seedy and worn out right now. We have gone on other cruises lines and enjoyed them immensely, but this one was a shocker!
To have spent the money for this cruise made us angry and disappointed.

A big sculpture in the center of the ship doesn't replace memorable food, service, and comfort.

Because our beds were so horrid, we awakened most days around 4:00 with stiff backs. We tried to use the hot tubs to loosen up, but they were closed until 6:00am. On Thursday, I went down at 6:15 to use the hot tubs and they were still closed. When I asked why, I was curtly told they had over clorinated them and they would be closed until 8:00. I wondered up towards the other pool and found 2 hot tubs open. Why couldn't anyone tell me to try another area.....?

Pros: Cabin Steward, Dessert chef, Excursions

Cons: The food was so mediocre, the diningroom service was surly and rushed, the staff ignored requsts

Recommends Rhapsody of the Seas? No.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
The falls were lovely and nice to visit. We also toured gardens and enjoyed the trip. Shopping was limited to harrassment, but still fun to look.
Don't Miss: The falls
Get away from the main streets and further back into town. The prices were much better. I shopped for pottery and found everyone to be very nice and helpful away from the main drag. We plan on going here for a vacation and just being alone and in control of our destiny. Its a nice place.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Don't Miss: The falls
George Town, Grand Cayman
Fun shopping, but very crowded as 3 other ships arrived. Getting really tired of trying to buy booze and being told they will send it to ships and we can't take it with us. We finally found Jakes Liquor west of town to buy and take it with us. I really get tired of spending $8.00/drink on the ship when I can relax in my room and have a drink that I make.
George Town, Grand Cayman