Our 40th Anniversary was Wonderful

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 10, 2006
Ship: Rhapsody of the Seas
Cabin Type: Suite
This was our first cruise and we were so pleased we were ready to stay on board for another 7 days. Our room was a jr. suite, which we loved as we did spend time in our cabin and watched the sunsets from our balcony. We also had breakfast served in our room a couple of times so we could enjoy the sunrises. The activities that were available were varied for all tastes. We enjoyed the games like Name that Tune, the wonderful music throughout the ship, and surprisingly the shopping. I wish I had purchased more on the ship but I waited for the Ports of Call and missed out on some bargains on the ship. I was disappointed in the coupon booklet I purchased and won't do that again. I also wish I had taken advantage of more excursions as we were lost when we were on our own and feel we missed a lot of adventures by doing so. We loved the shows and would have viewed more had we chosen an earlier seating time. All in all the Royal Carribean Cruise was one of the highlights in our vacationing experiences and I am anxious to go again.

Dining room food was outstanding. The Windjammer was average, and other choices were limited, especially room service.

We took the trolley ride to get a good overall view, then went to Sloppy Joes for lunch. The entertainment and food were great. Then we stopped at Margaritaville before catching a rickshaw back to the ship.
I was disappointed in what I was expecting to be my favorite port. We went to 7-mile beach and I felt it was nothing to brag about. The drivers were crazy. I regreted not booking an excursiion as I feel this was not a fair assessment.
The shopping was fun. I picked up most of my souveniers here. We took the semi-submersible excursion so we did get to see much of the underwater beauty.

Pros: The attention we received from the crew was outstanding. Anything we asked for was delivered. They were all friendly and fun.

Cons: I chose the late seating for dinner and would have been better suited for the earlier seating. As a result we ate in the Windjammer whick was o.k., hut not as wonderful as the dining room.