Regal Princess Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Purser

Our April 2016 Repositioning Cruise on the Regal Princess

Sail Date: April 17, 2016

My husband and I treated our 18 year old grand daughter to her very first European experience which consisted of a 14 day cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Copenhagen, Denmark.  We chose the Regal Princess for several reasons; having been on the Crown Princess in the past, the Port-of-Calls, the fact that it was their newest ship and the photos and video looked amazing and the price.  Having the ability to do our own personal laundry was an excellent convenience as we did not have this available to us on our three previous Cross-Atlantic Cruises with other cruise lines.  We found the Shows to be FANTASTIC as was the various forms of entertainment thoughout the day.  We enjoyed the food in the dining room and was pleasantly surprised on the food in the buffet as well.  Our grand daughter having to sleep on the bunk above me, didn't not find the mattress very comfortable.  I guess it was more suited for young children.  But after requesting an additional comforter, the situation was resolved.  We loved the convenience of having several choices of movies available to us in our stateroom and in fact, watched three movies in one evening.  I was particularly pleased to hear many of the passengers rave about their previous experiences with Princess and why they only sail with Princess for their personal reasons that Princess showed their loyalty and concern for their well being during unexpected situations that had occurred.  I will definitely sail with Princess in the future.  Our cruise dates: LoveAPR 17th - MAY 1st, 2016

A little smaller than other cruise lines we have been on, especially the bathroom. It was our first time having only a curtain for the shower and with three of us showering, we sometimes had a situation with the water overflowing onto the floor. Loved that there wasn't a closet door as it was very easy to see all our clothing and gave us easy access to everything. Not all of our luggage fit under the beds, but we had no issue with this since we were able to stand those up in our closet with no problem. If you travel with adult children, I reccommend getting a stateroom with a sofabed in loo of the bunk. We booked late and the cabin we got was the last one available for three persons. We managed however and it did not ruin our vacation.
We both the Embarkation and Disembarkation to be quick and flawless. We took the transfer from the ship to the airport in Copenhagen and what a delight it was to find all our luggage already waiting for us under a large white tent with many Princess crew members available to greet us there and assist us in every way. Directions, answering all our questions. Etc.
Shows in the Princess Theatre were all OUT STANDING. Their Staff entertainment were unsurpassed by many other cruise lines, especially the singing.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
We arrived the day before and stayed one night at the Hilton Embassy Suites Hotel and it was a pleasure. We had a FREE Cocktail Hour that night and a FREE Breakfast the next morning and the accommodations were fabulous. There were four of and more than enough room with the suite which included two queen beds and a sofa bed and sitting are in second room. Fabulous views as well. Will definitely stay there again when booking cruises which sail from this port. Best Experience ever in this area.
Ponta Delgada, Azores
We took a taxi both on this trip and on a previous trip and found it to be perfect for us. We got to see so much more and for far less the expense.
Cherbourg, France We took the excursion to Mont Saint Michel. Expect a lot of walking and steep inclines and many steps. I used a walking stick and managed to make it to the top. Being 72 it wasn't an easy task having bad knees but I made it and it was worth it.
Zeebrugge (Bruges), Belgium
We took the excursion to Brugge and loved the canal ride and even had time to purchase Chocolates. Best tasting ever! I also purchased three lace bibs for baby layettes I knitted during the trip.
Rotterdam, Netherlands
My grand daughter & I took the excursion to Amsterdam which included a canal ride and three course luncheon which was fantastic. Loved the atmosphere of the restaurant and the food. The weather was interesting as we experience rain, hail and sunshine all in the same day and still enjoyed out day.

If you are sailing on a Cross-Atlantic trip, don't waste your money on booking lounge chairs in the Sanctuary. We did and only got to use it the first day for two hours and then cancelled all the other six days we had booked the first day. They were $20 a chair for half a day. Not worth it.