Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

My Birthday Cruise

Sail Date: October 09, 2010

This was my first experience sailing with Royal Caribbean. It was also my birthday on 10-10-10! I wanted it to be a special birthday, and it most certainly was special. The Radiance of the Seas is a beautiful ship; wonderfully appointed. The staff are extraordinary! The food is stupendous! I couldn't have designed a better way to celebrate my birthday. Norman (cabin stewart) posted a birthday banner and balloons on my door! I left them on all week! There was a cake and the birthday song in the dining room. My fellow dining room guests were marvelous! Such a diverse group of people -- I couldn't wait until dinner to hear all about what each had done for the day. I was encouraged to try snorkeling, and I promise I will on my next cruise!

All-in-all, I was marvelously surprised -- delighted really -- with my cruise aboard the Radiance of the Seas. There was no down-side. The itinerary was wonderful and I truly enjoyed the Solarium's hot tub and the quietness of the "adults only" location. I simply can't wait until my next RCCI Cruise!!!

Pros: The Beautiful Ship

Cons: Having to leave

Recommends Radiance of the Seas? Yes!

You simply MUST cruise with Royal Caribbean -- beautifully appointed ship, with excellent accommodations!
I enjoyed every meal. I loved the Windjammer Cafe for breakfast and lunch!
My only issue was the size of the shower stall. But after I learned to turn the shower head toward the wall while soaping up -- even it wasn't an issue. The bed was comfortable and the room had all the best amenities.
None better anywhere -- I'm sure!
We had marvelous fun!
This wasn't my first trip to Cozumel, but each time I go, I discover it is even more beautiful than the time before!
Don't Miss: Take the island tour because it is lovely on the other side of the island where the beaches are.
George Town, Grand Cayman
I had never been -- it is beautiful. Despite the fact that it rained some when we landed, we still had a great time at Margarettaville, and then went on a tour that highlighted all the most lovely parts of the island.
Don't Miss: 7-mile beach -- I want to spend more time there next time.
Belize City, Belize
We took a tour with a local, and saw ALL of Belize. Learned a lot about it's history as well. It was informative and fun. Ever drank beer from a service station? Now we have!
Don't Miss: Shop from the handcrafters their work is excellent!
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Great beach -- lovely for whiling away the hours!