Right off the scale on my WOW meter!

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

7 Night Alaska Hubbard Glacier Southbound (Seward To Vancouver)
Sail Date: August 03, 2007
Ship: Radiance of the Seas
Easily the best cruise ship I've been on. Crew, food, entertainment, shore excursions, and maintainance of the ship were second to none! I will become a walking billboard for Royal Caribbean with friends & family. This ship was so exceptional, we're definetely going to book our next cruise on The Radiance of the Seas for their upcoming cruise to South America.

Okay, no Chateau Briant beef or fresh blueberries, but EVERY meal was a delight! Everything was fresh, tasted great and served as if we were in a fine restaurant. The best food I've ever had on a cruise.

Perfect in terms of options, timing, quality and freqency.

Could not have been better. I managed the customer service organizations of 2 major corporations and know how difficult it can be to hire, train & motivate people in this profession. I was astounded to see how consistently outstanding they ALL performed day after day. While in the topmost lounge one day I asked if they had horseraddish to put in my drink. The waitress RAN down to the main kitchen and RAN back up just to bring me a dollop. She and all the rest of the crew didn't seem to know the word "no."

I was amazed how they kept the vessel in immaculate condition at all times. I served in the US Navy and know how difficult it is and yet they did so despite several thousand passengers tromping around 24/7.

Just wish the closet in our stateroom could hold 2 large suitcases. However, we opted for a small stateroom, so I understand the reason.

Don't Miss: The shops. Easily the best of any port. If you want unique, non-tourist trash, this is the place.

Don't Miss: Glacier hiking on the glacier. Incredible beauty and shades of blue I never saw before.

Don't Miss: The Misty Fijords sea plane/boat cruise was a life experience. Its like actually being in an IMAX nature film.

Pros: Clearly the staff. Universal desire to sincerely help and make your experience a great one. Consistently across the board regardless of the role they played. This doesn't happen by sheer luck. Someone has put a tremendous amount of work into creating this attitude.

Cons: The wait to get transportation at the end of the cruise. I should have opted for a reserved limo or taken the cruise line's bus service.

Recommends Radiance of the Seas? Yes!