Prinsendam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Purser

Very poor for the money.

Sail Date: December 19, 2008

The service was very bad. The lido dining room was very dirty. Every table that I sat to eat was dirty (every day!!). No one filled water glasses or cleared tables. I had to get most of my drinks myself (including the Lido deck bar). The other restaurants had good service, but the food just average. There was poor entertainment and no music on deck. They ran out of syrup and butter on many days and ran out of the beer that I drink and had no tomato juice when I asked for a bloodymary. The coffee bar was a joke the quality and service was unbelievably poor. We were not told that the average age on this ship was about 75 to 80 years old. I'm fifty years old and was one of the youngest people aboard. Very boring cruise. Our room was good and was kept up very well. I have cruised before and been to Sandals resorts many times and this cruise on Holland America was my worst vacation. I would not recommend your cruise line.

Cons: Service was bad!!

Recommends Prinsendam? No.

Samana, Dominican Republic
They changed our port. We didn't go to Samana we went to Santa Domingo instead. I have friends in Samana an wanted to see them. I was very disappointed. Santa Domingo was not a good port.
Grand Turk Island
We were there a very short time. Nothing to see but American stores.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Very nice beach. The best port of the cruise.
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
Bridgetown, Barbados
Everything was closed for Christmas.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Port Of Spain, Trinidad
Everything was closed for Boxing day.
Roseau, Dominica