Pride of America

Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Pride of America

7 Night Hawaii (Honolulu Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 18, 2018

Ship: Pride of America

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 10002

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This was our first and last cruise. Hawaii was beautiful but for the cost of the suite etc in my Opinion was too much. The food being gross is just the beginning. The ship has a smell and it needs a complete renovation. For the money we spent we could’ve gotten a five star hotel and island hopped.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

The food was gross. Tepenyaki was so salty. They used garlic butter on everything and it was way over used. The soup was salt water - several at our table couldn’t eat it. Filet mignon didn’t taste like meat should taste. Cadillac diner- gross- shakes were like drinking a glass of milk. The Italian restaurant was the best in my opinion and the skyline was ok. Lettuce was brown. Cagneys breakfast is good. No grape jelly and no straws. Aloha buffet was decent and sometimes as good as the specialty restaurants. Very crowded.

Little Italy

Very good! Friendly service and the bread was out of site good! Shrimp and fettuccine very good.

Teppanyaki

Too salty and too much garlic butter on everything. Not sure what kind of filet mignon they served us but none that I have ever tasted. I couldn’t eat any of it.

Skyline Main Dining Room

Food was okay. Servers were good.

Cadillac Diner

Milkshakes were like drinking a glass of milk. Cheese fries were gross - how anyone can make such an easy dish gross I have no idea but as ate one fry. It was loaded with what appeared to be bacon bits but didn’t taste like bacon. The staff was not friendly here at all. There were three other couples dining and we waited a good 15 min to be seated.

Aloha Cafe

Great breakfast!

SS America Library

This was a nice place to take a break from the hustle and bustle.

Oasis Pool

Tiny and crowded pool. Good luck getting a chair or even taking a dip in the pool.

The Staff was great. I can’t say enough about how helpful they are. They want your cruise experience to be memorable. Our butler Peter was amazing and steward Rebecca wonderful!

This is an old ship. The bathrooms have a smell and don’t seem very clean. Overall it felt dirty.

Beautiful suite. It was warm on the ship and didn’t feel like we could ever get the AC Right. The water on the ship has a smell. This particular cabin suite 10002 you can feel a lot of motion - I was very sea sick. I would have never booked this room had I known we would feel so much movement 24/7 however it’s a beautiful suite. The bed and linens weren’t as soft as I would expect being in a suite but it was fine. One outlet on each side of the bed.

Ship tip

If you are expecting a big fancy ship this is not it. If you are expecting gourmet food this is not it.

Ports of call

Honolulu, Oahu

Very industrial

Kahului, Maui

Hilo, Hawaii Did not visit port

Didn’t make it to Hilo due to the hurricane .

Nawiliwili, Kauai

This was my favorite port. We got off the ship here as we didn’t want to stay out at sea until Sunday.

Disembarkation