Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Pride of America Needs a Bit More Pride

Sail Date: November 07, 2015

I traveled with a family of 21 to celebrate a birthday. Of the many cruises I have enjoyed, this was, by far, the least. The policy for bringing wine on board is antiquated and nebulous. Navigating the vessel was a logistical problem caused by small elevators and dead ends. Many dining room servers were inexperienced, resulting in order errors and delayed meals. The food was not hot when served. The cabins are exceptionally small (my husband and I had a midship balcony stateroom), making it difficult for the two of us to move around. Three other elder, adult family members were housed in the same size cabin.

Size of cabin incredibly small for two people. Difficult for two people to move around in the tiny space. Horrified to learn that three other family members were housed in the same size cabin.
NA
Inexperienced servers. Errors in orders. Food delayed. Food not hot when finally served.

Most cruise lines allow 1bottle of wine/person that can be consumed in cabin without corkage fee. If brought to the dining room, a fee is charged. NCL's policy says one may or may not be charged a corkage fee, which is unclear. I was given a choice to pay the fee, or have wine stored until trip end.

1 Comment