Pacific Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Third Mate

Exceptional Customer Service

Sail Date: May 11, 2016

My favorite part of the cruise was the

(1)  Dining Room not only for the excellent food but for the exceptional services that they all provided us.  Each and every person in the dining room created a positive impression on us. My husband got out of the hospital the night before of departure date and he needed to be on a liquid diet at first,  then on a Soft diet.  As soon as we got on board I met with Oscar our Meitre D' and him and Josko the Head Waiter took care of everything.  My husband Jose was on liquid diet for three days and then they started blended all of his meals.  I don't have words to thank them and also their staff.

Starting with Oscar the Meitre D', who always gave us a friendly smile, the way he treated us like family, he always greeted all of us with a smile, he made eye contact, he welcomed each one of us in a friendly and professional manner.  Josko was incredible, very professional, funny, friendly and he really knows his job, I hope your company will consider him in giving him a promotion.  We also would like to compliment the following employees:   Iljo, Head Waiter, Joseph, Waiter, Romeo, Waiter, Roderick, Jr Waiter (he should be promoted to waiter), Anthony, Waiter, Daniela, Jr. Waitress for their excellent service they provided us during the cruise. It's been said that "A friend in need, is a friend indeed". No words could better describe what all of these people have meant to us over our 17 days. It was wonderful to have someone like them, who were there always for us when we need them most.

(2) Boutiques, Beulah Greeff, the boutique manager was excellent, not only she was always friends, professional but she knew her business.  I shopped almost everyday and Bea was always there for me.  The shop has a variety of very good quality of clothing, perfumes, make up etc.  The girls at the boutique, Daniela at the Jewerlry, Daniella at the boutique, Katerina, boutique they were all professional, friendly and with lots of experience, it was a pleasure visiting the boutique.

(3) Excellent Shows and Exceptional Cruise Director, Sammy was spectacular, we all loved her.

(4) Stateroom very comfortable and our stateroom staff was one of the best, we also would like to commend Tomislav, I think Tomislav should be promoted to Supervisor, he took care of us very good.

(5) Lotus Spa Beauty Salon, very good.  Marion was the girl who did my hair twice and she was Excellent.

(6) Pacific Lounge Bar, loved the music and the service we received from Ricardo the waiter, he was very good.

(7) Photographs: We took beautiful pictures and I want to commend Franco for his excellent job as well as Seul (I think this is his name) they all were nice.

Dissappointed:  Casino Slot Machines, those machines no matter how much you play, you will always loose and believe me we lost a lot.  However, the casino staff they all were very nice, Christ, Brandon , the manager and others.

Very dissapointed with the excursions in Colombia and Costa Rica ($149.95 pp), WOW that was a disaster, not the tour guide he was very good but for the money that we paid it was really bad.  Instead of going to Santa Marta, you should go to Cartagena.  Nicaragua was OK.

As I said before, Tomislav took care of us very good but the cabin needs the following upgrades: TV, Hair Dryer, pillows, shower and the carpet. But we were happy with ours just need some updates.
The ship needs improvements:
Carpets in the stateroom
Loved the Panama Canal, CABO SAN LUCAS, Nicaragua OK but Costa Rica and Colombia very disappointing with the excursions,
Great Evening Shows, but I thought we needed to have more variety of music, specially Latin Music.
The dancers and singers were Excellent, the PA Princess orchestra very good and the entertainers were good.
SPECTACULAR. First time for us cruising with Princess and we were very impressed.
Exceptional Service. Good Food, Excellent Head Waiters, waiters, Jr. waiters and the best Maitre D' ever.,
San Pedro (Los Angeles), California
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua
The tour guidewas very good but the luncheon was horrible specially the dessert.
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
$149.95 extremely expense and the excursion plus the lunch were very very POOR. For that kind of money we were expecting something better. The tour guide was very good but the rest NO, NO, NO
Panama Canal Transit
Impressive, well organized and loved it
Santa Marta, Colombia
The only thing good about this excursion was the Folkcloric Dance.
Oranjestad, Aruba
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
We live 40 minutes from the Port. We love Florida

This was the first time cruising with Princess and both Jose and I are very impressed with Pacific Princess. We felt like we were among family members and the customer service that we had was spectacular. I already have the itinerary for all of the sailings of PA Princess. We' ll go back again.