Oosterdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Purser

Southern Caribbean

Sail Date: October 26, 2015

The ship was gorgeous and service was impeccable. Staff was cheerful and friendly. Stateroom was clean and stewards were nice. The option of meals in rooms was great.

There were little incidental charges that were not clearly stated, such as: We had soda cards, but they were not accepted in the bars, and if you received a can instead of a glass, that was charged to your room instead of the card, even though the card was presented. The only time we received soda in cans was due to the fact that the waiter couldn't remember who had diet and who had regular soda. So we ended up with money left on the soda card and had to pay for soda on the room charge. This could have been made clearer from the beginning.

My only complaint was that the bottom sheets were never tucked in when the bed was made.
Very efficient at getting hundreds of people on and off the ship at the beginning and end, as well as for shore excursions.
Excursions were great, but the St. Lucia snorkeling was problematic. The owner was on the boat, and would not believe us when we told him we needed to be back on board the ship no later than 3:30. He insisted it was 4:30. It took a lot of arguing, and him calling the harbor master before he decided to take us straight back to the ship. We were 5 minutes late, and the ship was taking up the gangplank. That said, the crew on the snorkel boat were fantastic. Extremely helpful and very friendly. I would do it again if I knew that the owner would respect our time constraints.
I did not partake in very many of the onboard activities, but what I did do, I liked very much.
We really liked Sam, our cabin steward. He was always cheerful, remembered our names, and joked with us. He was fun.
Plenty of food and very nicely presented, good, but not outstanding in flavor.

1 Comment