Oosterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

A so-so cruise

Sail Date: August 28, 2011

Room Type: Suite

This cruise was clearly for the older crowd (over 60).

Pros: Not much

Cons: Service (As compared to Disney Cruise Line, the service was greatly lacking)

Recommends Oosterdam? No.

I found many items to be of such poor quality, I would send it back, and ask for something else.
Again, as compared to the Disney Cruise Ship, the Holland America have not a clue as to what service means. I was pushing my mother in a wheel chair trying to get food for her in the Lido Dining area. Not a single person offered to find us a table, carry our food, and they didn't have any trays, thus making it that much harder for me.
The ship was too big for me. The Lido Dining Area (buffet) was very poorly laid out (one line for this, one line for that). By the time you got all your food, your food was cold.
I would have given a higher score if not for the chairs and sofas in the room. They were so well used, that they needed replacing.
The magic act and the ventriliquest (sp) was wonderful. The singing and dancing acts were quite boring. (I saw several people leave during the acts).
Juneau, Alaska
I enjoyed going on a whale watching excursion.
Sitka, Alaska
Other than the Russian church, there was not much to see or do
Ketchikan, Alaska
Take a walk to the Creek Shopping Center and see the salmon run. And be sure to catch the Lumberjack show.
Don't Miss: Lumberjack show
Victoria, British Columbia
Beautiful town. Unfortunately, the ship parks quite a ways away. You either must take a 30 minute walk, or pay $8 each way in a taxi. (Take the taxi!)