Oosterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Great 1st Cruise.

Sail Date: June 09, 2007

The ship was beautiful, well appointed, very clean and easy to move around. Announcements by the cruise director kept you up to date on activies and the captain made announcements about the ship's progress. When one of my shore excursions was canceled, I was notified promptly and had sufficient time to book a new one. The dining choices were great and the meals were tasty and of good proportion.

Pros: Friendliness and helpfulness of staff and crew and all the nice passengers I met.

Cons: I can't think of anything that made any difference.

Recommends Oosterdam? Yes!

The food was very good at all the restaurants. The Vista Dinning Room was very nice and the waiters were very good.
My stateroom had a veranda and was quite large. Loved the towel animals I found on my bed almost every night.
Really enjoyed the shows and the culinary demonstrations plus the kitchen tour..
On the first formal night, I was the only one at my late-dinner table. My waiters took especially good care of me with extra attention and even made several origami critters for me.
Victoria, British Columbia
The gardens are the must see in Victoria. The wine tasting with chocolate was a waste of time, although the country side that was seen on the way out was beautiful and the ride through town was nice.
Don't Miss: The Gardens.
Sitka, Alaska
Sitka is beautiful! The Raptor Center and nature walk was interesting, informative and fun. For lunch I had a Reindeer hot dog from a cart in town which was quite tasty. The Sea Otter and wildlife quest was my afternoon excursion. We saw many sea otters plus sea lions and lots of Bald Eagles.
Don't Miss: The nature walk and the sea otter quest.
Sitka, Alaska
Don't Miss: The nature walk and the sea otter quest.
Victoria, British Columbia
Don't Miss: The Gardens.
Juneau, Alaska
The whale watching was very good as was the trip to Mendenhall Glacier. The Alaskan Salmon Bake was fun and the site was beautiful. Even the rain was nice.
Don't Miss: Whale watching and Alaskan Salmon Bake.
Ketchikan, Alaska
A must see is Dolly's house and Creek Street. The duck ride was fun and had a good tour guide.
Juneau, Alaska
Don't Miss: Whale watching and Alaskan Salmon Bake.
Ketchikan, Alaska