Oosterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

My first cruise

Sail Date: July 05, 2008

The Alaska Airlines Cruise Agency as a whole leaves much to be desired. Next time I will use a different travel agent even though it means not getting the miles. The first agent quoted a price that was very low, and when I called back to book it, she could not find the price again and said, "Let me call you back." Days passed, no call. And then would not return messages after I'd waited nearly a week. None of them seemed to know the correct dates of the cruises, which contradicted the cruise line on-line info. A coupon book, a perk of booking through Alaska Airlines was not delivered, and when I was away from my mailed info and called to get a departure dock address, I was given the wrong information. There's more, but why go on?

Pros: My traveling companion

Cons: The Alaska Airlines Cruise Agents

Recommends Oosterdam? No.

Victoria, British Columbia
Sitka, Alaska
Absolutely clear water, abundant wildlife, interesting nature walks, no need for tours here, everything is available on foot, and the shops and town is still rugged, friendly and quaint.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Much like Juneau, but get out of town to the Totem Pole Village and you'll see nature and wildlife and get a good education, plus see interesting and beautiful vistas.
Juneau, Alaska
A tiny little cruise ship tourist trap of a town, filled with shops that cater to tourists. If a T-shirt or Alaskan souvenir made in China is your idea of a nice port then Juneau is the town for you.