Had a wonderful week!

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 13, 2016
Ship: Oasis of the Seas

RCCL lived up to its 5 star standards in its ship (gorgeous!), its first class customer service (specially our cabin stewart Geraldine, our waiter George and assistant)

the entertainment was also 5 star - all shows were wonderful!   We've seen "Cats" on Broadway and I must say this was an excellent reproduction.

We have taken this itinerary before (yrs ago) and must say we were quite impressed with all the improvements on Labadee.

Well then, why only 4 stars?   We purchased the "sensation-SM25 " tour b'cos description was sightseeing and beach - BIG mistake -  The sites where poor, unkept neighborhoods - the beach was the Atlantic Ocean - rough and full of huge rocks had to wear shoes!  ( our plans were to enjoy the Caribbean not the Atlantic )the beach chairs were in a limited area (3 rows of 6 chains next to the BBQ ) unless you were 'ok' with sitting on the nude part of the beach, and oh yes! BBQ is included but you must pay for water ( sugary punch was free 2 cups per person)   It was beyond disappointing it was upsetting to spend my only day in St Maarten  in that place.

Had it been my only trip to the island I would have thought that this was normal but I have taken some wonderful tours of St. Maarten  to some beautiful bay beaches on the Caribbean side and lovely sights  with a different cruise line and I believe that a cruise line like RCCL should offer high standard tours.

The other two stops we did on our own and enjoyed them very very much .

The spa was wonderful and the attention was worthy of a top-notch spa.

Thank you for the gift we found in our cabin and for the free spa treatment.

The food Was OK in some cases delicious-but the staff aimed to please which made it a wonderful experience

No comment because no children came with us

Gorgeous ship -plenty of room -extremely clean and organized

We were very happy with our cabin and the space I only wish I would've chosen the right side of the ship which is what I had in mind but I obviously made a mistake

Choose the balcony on the right side of the ship so you can see your parts to arrive . Arrive early to the shows so you can choose the seats to your liking because some shows are so good you'll want to see them more than once !

Even though our excursion did not work out I still think St Maarten is a beautiful place
Wish it was a longer stay
They have done a wonderful job improving the island the only drawback is we need more peaches like Nelly's spee they have done a wonderful job improving the island the only drawback is we need more beaches like Nellys beach