Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruising isn't what it used to be

Sail Date: December 26, 2015

Should really give a lower rating, since I got food poisoning at the Solarium on day 2.  The upside is, I lost some weight on a cruise rather than gaining.  Service staff was very good.  Getting on/off ship was quick and efficient.  Service staff and vacationing with terrific friends boosted the star rating. Best 'included' spot to eat is Central Park Cafe.  I never eat lunch at the dining room, but did on New Year's Day and that buffet was OUTSTANDING.  Sorry, Wipe Out Cafe food was gross.  Beds comfy and showers hot with good pressure--some important points for me when I travel.   All Aquatheater shows and performers get an A+++, because they are simply amazing to do that on a moving ship.  Major broadway show on board--Cats--was cancelled entire week, but this didn't make me sad (rarrrrrr).  Cruise director Ricky and staff were probably the worst I've seen.  I've seen a lot of the RCCL routines before and their performance of some of the shows and contests rates the lowest.  Sorry Ricky, Quest rated a C- and Love and Marriage game a total bore D-.  Casino Royale is one of my fav spots, but gets a B- based on my winnings.  RCCL, why do you have such a tiny comedy club on Oasis?  New Year's Eve on the Promenade spectacular, but could use more bartenders.  I've noticed that RCCL is making a lot of areas and things to do 'privileged' on the Oasis....  Special deck areas and lounges are reserved for the guests of the more expensive suites or Emerald or better members.  The on board credits were wrong and we wasted a lot of time in line trying to get things corrected.  Still waiting on the remainder of the credits.  Watch your paperwork/account balance closely if you are offered credits.   Only take a cruise if you can handle a lot of walking--up and down steps!  The elevators take forever.  This didn't bother me as I'm in pretty good shape, but should be noted for people who are not.  Overall any vacation for me is a good vacation, but I felt the need to be critical on the details here for the benefit of future vacationers.  Happy sailing..

Great cabin steward. Cabin was neat, clean, and comfortable. Could be improved with a magnified makeup mirror.
Nassau, Bahamas Time at the island is too brief. Save your $ and stay on the ship. Atlantis is nice, but you can't get your $'s worth in such a short time.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas Take a day trip to St. John or get a resort day pass to The Ritz for best atmosphere/value. This port time is too brief. Shopping on St. Maarten is usually better.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten Shop for 1 hour in town and then head to Orient Beach by private taxi. Rent chairs/umbrella near the purple awning, which I think is Bikini Beach restaurant. Take taxi back at least 1 1/2 hours before ship departs.