Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Oasis of the Seas best ship in the world to cruise!

Sail Date: May 04, 2013

This was my husband and my first cruise so we chose the biggest ship in the world of course.
Everything was so easy and ran so smooth from getting transportation from our hotel to the terminal.
The entertainment is fabulous Ricky is the best activities director ever! The shows are top notch.
We took a tour of the Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Martin which we felt very safe and truly enjoyed our excursions.
There are endless things to do all day long from morning to night you will never be bored not unless you want to be.
We chose My Time Dining and we enjoyed the restaurants that were available to us to eat at. There was such array of food to choose from.
Our housekeeper Lily kept our room clean twice a day and always had a bucket of ice available to me which I requested.
The crew on board went way out of their way to help you in anyway that they can to make your vacation the best it could be.
I would like to take my next cruise again on the Oasis of the Seas, but this time I would like to try the Western Caribbean.
A week really isn't long enough to explore all the things that are available to you while on vacation.

Cruise Photos

Ship Quality The overall quality of the ship was excellent everything was nice and clean.
Food and Dining The food was excellent anything you wanted was available somewhere on the ship. They even had Starbuck's on board from me!
Cabin / Stateroom We had an interior room which had plenty of room for the two of us. I didn't mind not having a window or a balcony after all you're only there to sleep!
Service and Staff The staff everywhere you went were polite, courteous and very professional. I can't say enough positive things about the staff. They all work so very hard and put in long hours.
Entertainment Excellent entertainment very professional and plenty of activities to do from morning to night.
Children's Programs We had no children with us.
Onboard Activities You can't possibly be bored on this ship not unless you want to. From early morning to the wee hours of the morning plenty of things to do. Actually there are not enough hours in the day.
Destinations and Excursions My husband and I enjoyed our excursions because we had never been to the Bahamas, St. Thomas or St. Marten. I wouldn't go back and tour the Bahamas/Atlantis they only took you to an aquarium and were very limited in taking pictures inside Atlantis. I would skip this excursion.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Very easy getting on and off the ship. Our hotel provided a van to the terminal and picked us up when we returned. Plenty to do in Ft. Lauderdale if you want to spend a day there.
I'm glad I took the excursion, but wouldn't go back. You only got to see a little bit of Atlantis and the rest of the excursion was visiting the aquarium.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We had a very good tour guide by the name of Eddie he explained everything about the island. We were able to spend about two hours at Megan's Bay. This particular day it was overcast and the water was a little chilly.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We were able to see both the Dutch and French side of the island while on the tour which was nice. You even had a little time to shop a the local market. We felt very safe on all the tours we took.

Even though there were over 6200 people cruising on this ship and with a staff of 2100 because the ship is so big everyone is spread out throughout the ship and no one is bumping into each other.
The staff were always cleaning and sanitizing which impressed me!
You'll love this ship!