Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Oasis is a Great Ship

Sail Date: May 04, 2013

Room Type: Suite

Recently completed an Eastern Caribbean Cruise aboard the Oasis of the Seas (4-11 May 2013). It's a Great Ship. Mostly five stars for entertainment and ship amenities. Lots to do aboard this huge vessel. Four stars for food. It was good, but not above average. We booked the Aqua Suite for our group of four. Be prepared for long walks from the stairs/elevator, but we knew that when we booked. The two bedrooms/two bathrooms worked well for our puposes. It was nice to watch several shows at the Aqua Theater from the comfort of our balcony. However, I expected better service/treatment. This was my ninth cruise, mostly on RCCL. I usually book a smaller stateroom with balcony. We got a suite this time to celebrate (treat ourselves). The level of service in the suite was no better and we received no preferential booking treatment for any shows. I'm not trying to sound like a snob, but for $12K, one would expect something more than you get in a $3K stateroom. The one advantage in a suite is the use of the conceigre lounge and free alcohol for two hours a day, but still not making up fully for the difference in price. I will travel RCCL again, just not in a high-end suite. Didn't see the cost versus benefit plusses. I really like the bigger ships - been on both the Oasis and Allure. Recommend both ships! Bon Voyage!
Excellent!
Average to slightly above average
Huge Aqua Suite
Service and Staff Average service
Great Shows/Entertainment. Comedy show poor.
Children's Programs Did not use
Lotr's to do on a big ship.
Booked mostly for the ship. But do like the E. Caribbean

Great Ship. Lot's to do. Didn't see the value for the high-end suite. Balcony stateroom is a better value. Use the lower room cost savings to augment with ship experiences (alcohol, casino, shopping, pay resturants).