Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Sail Date: March 29, 2015

I was very disappointed. Don't expect too much. I've been on over 10 cruise ships before, this was my first time with Norwegian. I found the entertainment with the exception of the comedian to be very underwhelming. On royal Caribbean or carnival the shows are Vegas style full production shows, unlike my experience with Norwegian. The food at the two restaurants you have to choose from were very repetitive, both restaurants had almost the exact same menus every night, where with royal Caribbean and carnival it's always something different and great variety! Also I requested wake up calls from room service 3 times and not once did I received one. I was late and almost missed two of my excursions! It wasn't until another passenger informed me that they is a wake up call button on the phone itself that I could manually set up myself, room service never returned my wake up call or informed me that I could enter it in myself. Finally the wait staff at the restaurants were very bland and definitely didn't go out of their way to get to know you and befriend you as they do in other cruise lines. I now realize that it's because a mandatory $13 a day per passenger is charged to your card for tip. They don't put in the extra effort because they know they don't have to work for there tip, regardless they will get the same amount of money. This trip is the most I have ever need to pay in tips with by far the worst service of all the cruise ships I've been on, I was not happy about that. When I called Norwegian to complain they told me there is nothing that can be done about it and were very rude on the phone. I was very disappointed. The only thing I enjoyed was the excursions I paid for and the breakfast buffet which was nice. Aside from that the ship definitely let me down. I will never again recommended or book with Norwegian.
very little dinner options, very repetitive
dinner staff were bland
Tim kiminski the comedian went above and beyond and was the best part of the ship
only thing I was impressed with on this cruise

Know that tip is mandatory so the service will be less motivated to impress you