Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Cruise

Sail Date: January 11, 2015

This cruise was one of the better cruises of the 18 I have been on. The staff was very friendly and helpful everywhere on the ship. The nightly entertainment by the 5 music groups was outstanding although the music was geared more for the plus 50 set which I fall into that category. The stage productions were very good too.  We dined always in the evening in the one of the 2 main dining rooms and never went to a specialty restaurant. I thought the food selection was not as varied as other cruises I have been on but more than adequate and the waiter staff were very attentive. With the free style dining, which was great, we had a different wait staff every evening and they all did a nice job. The buffets were good but not a lot of variance from one day to the other. I am not a fussy or picky eater so this never bothered me. We also had the ultimate beverage package which included alcoholic drinks from $10 below. That covered just about everything I wanted to drink. I don't think it covered some of the fancy martinis. The embarkation and the debarkation was the smoothest I have ever seen. We were on the curb waiting for our ride by 9:30 and you could select what time you wanted to debark by choosing your colored luggage tag. This is my 1st cruise on NCL and I will be cruising NCL again to see if all the ships are like the Sun.

Could use more variance in the dining room and buffet
Tampa, Florida
Roatan (Isla Roatan), Bay Islands, Honduras
All these Caribbean islands are about the same unless you take a tour. We did do a taxi cab tour in Honduras.
Belize City, Belize
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

We opted for an ocean view cabin on deck 7. That was a great choice. Just steps away from the Champagne Bar, casino and other amenities. No outside noise and a smooth ride throughout.

1 Comment